Monday, August 18, 2008

when life hands you lemons...

this week has been absolutely desolate. a real disaster. searching for apartments is the worst thing in the world.

first of all...i don't want to look for another apartment...i want to look for a house, ok well realistically i want to look for a condo. i want to be landing on my feet not throwing myself under the poverty line. what is the matter with me?!?!?! at some point i need to give up on the shopping thing. this week alone I bought a new dress, sweater and coat from betsey. i swore up and down to davey i would not buy anything more this month. The closet space alone is killing him.

secondly..i love love love my cats, but they are serving to be quite the burden when searching for apartments in long beach...additional deposits left and right....that is if we are even lucky enough for them to allow pets in the first place. one of Davey's best friends Scraggs just moved to Portland with his wife Lindsay and their baby Kyla. In Portland there are no taxes, great deals on apartments and the city is really booming. I told Davey we should move to Portalnd, but he said if he is moving anywhere else besides somewhere in L.A county it's going to be either New York or London.

The worst thing about moving is family and friends. I wish when you moved you could take all of your friends and family with you in a little suitcase. A darling jeweled case lined with purple velvet and I could pull them out whenever I wanted. The idea of making new friends at this point doesn't completely repulse me, I just don't want to miss life with the old ones.

Work has been absolutely killing me the past few weeks. I have absolutely zero time for myself. My two days off are no longer next to one another, so I get to embrace the idea of constantly thinking about work and having no time to sort anything else out. My mom thinks I am going to have a mental breakdown, and I am quite certain the past couple of conversations I have had with her have driven her to that conclusion.

Perusing through craigslist everyday has become my life. Searching for really just about everything under the sun with the exception of the personals section. The 5k at Disneyland is coming up, I would lie if i told you I was ready. The past few weeks I have not gone to the gym once. I am a big tubsy, and the idea of getting into running shorts and my trainers is about as thrilling as getting into a tub of ice water with pneumonia.

amanda called me last night, i was on the phone with her for about an hour and 15 minutes. I can't remember the last time I spoke on the phone like that. Usually I just text or webchat...what is my world coming to??

which leads me to my final thought...sewing machines. Anyone know how to work the hello kitty sewing machine from target? if so much help would be appreciated. I have a lot of sewing to do here folks, and I need to get it all underway...

1 comment:

souffle said...

excuse me - your world is more wonderful with me chatting with you, even if it is via telephone and not something as techologically savvy as video chat!! but remember, we did that while you were at jury duty ;) i miss you dearly