Saturday, August 9, 2008

costco and target

i love when i have saturdays off and can run around costco and target like a mad woman and drive everyone nuts with my excitement. truly i am a such a consumer...i do however hate being pegged or targeted by commercials and advertisements. i like to think i make my own decisions. which is why i love places like costco and target. i go in there without really needing anything and leave with loads of treasures. certain advertisement pleas actually completely disturb me to the point of shear repulsion such as the new 'secret, get your hands up' ad campaign...you know the one i am speaking of...the woman runs around the city thinking of any excuse to get her arms up in the air and wave them around like a total spastic....ya you know every woman salutes a door man and claims 'at ease captain' what an absolute creep.

on the flipside however I like, sorry scratch that I LOVE the new kaiser permanente ad with the little chubster blonde boy who speaks about his health like he was a 50 year old southern man who is recovering from a drinking problem...his voiceover being layered over images of him drinking soda pop and eating tons of junk food...that is a gem of an ad. makes me want to break some kind of limb or bone in my body just so i can identify...

one more thing before i get off my soapbox...olympics. why do you waste an hour of my time with the cyclists peddling their way to victory? the road looks the same however angle you choose...nothing is changing folks, i hate to say it...but really the only thing i could comment on was the fact that you couldn't help but feel badly for the men who's balls are so obviously being tortured/cramped by the combination of fast pace, spandex, and banana seat. please! give me my women's gymnastics and leave me be!

No comments: