Sunday, August 31, 2008

5k results

well we all did it. We arrived at Disneyland around 6:30 am. The race started as planned at 7 am on the dot. The first mile went by really quickly. I dashed ahead of everyone, and tried really hard to get in front of the majority of the runners. Well after the first mile I started to loose a lot of energy and i started to get a pinch in my side.

at second mile, I was no longer in front of my family but rather between my brother, davey and julie and ahead of my mom and my dad. I decided that I would wait a little bit and walk/ jog with them afterall it wasnt any fun running on my own. Right around the second mile they had water stands ready for us. i had a little bit of water and started jogging a bit faster.

At around the end of the second mile my dad just took off out of nowhere and passed my mom and I. We spent the last end of it catching up to him and when we finally did, I had completely lost all of my juice. When I turned the corner at the last half mile I heard my brother, julie, and davey cheering for us and waiting for us at the end of the finish line. They hadn't crossed it yet, so we decided to all cross together holding hands and being very cheese balloon.

At the end of the race we had our photos taken and it was awesome to know that we all did it and that we finished together.

3 comments:

Polly Helen said...

WHOOOO! Congrats!!!

tara said...

lauren i love your blog! where else could you find marianne faithfull and mk&a's prune face all in one pretty package? your picture at that mansion is gorgeous and i am genuinely sad to see you leave work. but happy that you are moving on and doing bigger and better things!

souffle said...

proud of you bb girl!!