Tuesday, July 22, 2008

estelle getty


today one of my favorite women in the world passed away. Estelle Getty who is best known for her role as Sophia Petrillo on 'The Golden Girls' passed away in Los Angeles around 5:30 am. I have had a very strong connection with Estelle for several years because of the fact that she reminded me so much of my nana Jimmie. When my nana passed away back in 2002 I clung close to my golden girls dvds as a reminder of my nana. Inevitably I began to watch the women to comfort my loss as well as make me feel happy.

Estelle was a woman that was so funny and delivered such a funny character in every performance it was difficult to not be charmed by her. I will miss knowing that someone like her existed in the world. She was one of a kind. I will keep Estelle's family and friends in my thoughts. Rest in Peace Estelle we love you!

No comments: