Thursday, January 10, 2008

old bag

The past few months have been very lackluster.  Actually they have been something meant for a geriatric.  Every day I wake up around nine am.  I have one leg under the duvet and the other propped somewhere between the floor and the mattress while one of my cats is either biting my toes or sleeping on my head.  I get out of bed, feed the cats, wake up david and usually go to work.  I have developed a routine that has put me in this numb state-of-mind.  I am usually mildly impressed with a good dinner, and a movie.  I can't remember the last time I felt like a kid, or even a twenty something.  Most things these days don't even make me blink.  I want to feel excitement again, I want to be the person that gets out of hand... Last night I went out only to find myself entering a world that I have become unfamiliar with.  The moment I step into a bar, or even a social atmosphere I find myself counting down the minutes that I may gracefully say" "adieu" and drive carefully home to my bed and cats.  So basically what I am trying to say is that with this so called new year behavior that everyone is enduring, I suppose my efforts will be to focus more on the "fun" in life and less on the part where I am sleeping.



No comments: