Sunday, January 13, 2008

cooking marvels

so last night after flaking out on a night o' fun, I got practical in my pajamas and decided to whip up my own batch of sprinkles cupcakes.  with that said I have never in my life used a blender, well its not actually a blender it's more of an electrical beater/whipper what have you.  Anyway, I tried to whip a stick of butter, that turned out to be a real mess, and if that wasn't bad enough the beaters were put together incorrectly so the metal parts were beating together causing the metal to "pepper" on the cupcake mix.  I couldn't believe it, I had really screwed this one up...I had to let Davey down easily by explaining what I had done, but without thinking he still stuck his finger in the mix and gave it a taste.  "Tastes fine to me" he says after avoiding the metal bits that had been sprayed over my entire mix... oh well... I suppose we will have to go to sprinkles tomorrow I suggest.  

It is pretty early still and I am meant to be at Kate's birthday party in 9 minutes.  I haven't even started my getting ready routine.  I have been completely depressed over the fact that I have to get out of my pajamas so early.  But I am also pleased to be going to a brunch.  I can't remember the last time I had mimosas and some chats with the girls.  I think the last time was in palm springs with royale and christina years, years ago.  

Davey leaves for his tiger army tour in 3 days.  I will be alone all month, and even part of feb. wahhh. I hate sleeping on my own....oh well i just got the call...apparently for once everyone is running on time.....yewwww

No comments: