Tuesday, January 5, 2010

what to do.

i am my own worst critic as well as being my biggest enemy. there are so many things that i would like to do, so many places i would like to live and so many careers i would like to pursue but at the end of the day i make myself panic and afraid to take risks. i would love to move to new york, or london. i would love to be a chorus girl on a national tour only to find myself a lead role in a few years time, i would love to go back to ballet, i would love to practice law, i would love to be in politics and i would love to live in strausberg. i want to go back blonde, but i like my black hair, i want to travel all the time but i don't want to be away from my parents. i would love to go out more but i like to spend time at home. i love peter pan collars and babydoll dresses but i am sick of people viewing me as a child rather than an adult. i want to have more friends but i have a hard time being a good friend to those that i already have.

2 comments:

AB said...

I feel the exactly same way as you do. There's just so many things I want to do, but don't know when or how or what. Sometimes I just want to go out there and do EVERYTHING and pick the best one, but I'm scared. I hope you find what it is you're looking for--and I hope it'll make you extremely happy. :)

Melissa said...

Hi Lauren,

How are you? I just got done reading your blog and I totally feel your dilemma. I too am my own worst critic as well as being my biggest enemy and that is what has gotten in the way of me wanting to prusue all of my goals but please don't wind up like me and wait till it is way to late to prusue anything. Don't be afraid to take risks. What have you got to lose by taking one or two risks in life? You are still young sweetie. Look at how far you have come in the past few years, you have gotten your master's degree, you got engaged and moved into your own apartment. Those are big accomplishments. You should be proud of yourself and not so hard on yourself all the time. Make a pro's and con's list about what career path you really want to go down and in what city you want to live in. Just think if you go across the pond to live and get a great job there, you can always decide to move back home if you get real homesick. About your style, you have the best style sense and always look immaculant and beautiful. Who cares what other people think of your wardrobe. You do not look like a child my dear but a beautiful sophisticated young lady. You look so beautiful with black hair it brings out you beautiful eyes. But that is just my opinion. I think you should go with your gut instinct and your heart's desire and whatever you choose you will be happy. A lot of 27 year olds go through this type of uncertaintee in their live's. About you not wanting to go out at times and then wanting to go out more and be there for your friends, just do what YOU want to DO and not what OTHERS want YOU to do. If you don't feel like being around friends then don't. Do what makes YOU happy. That's my motto. If I want to go out with friends I will and if I just want to be by myself I will!!!! Trust me Lauren you will figure it all out before to long. Just do what you want to do and make it happen because you can do anything you want to do if you put that brillant mind to it. That's my morning advice to you sweetie. You don't have to post this but I just wanted to give you a little advice cause I put off all my plans that I wanted to do because of my uncertaintees and now I am 36 and have an 11 year old daughter to raise and it has gotten a little bit more difficult to make those career choices happen. If I could help one person not make the mistakes I did, then that would make me extremely happy. Take care sweetie.

Love Ya,
Melissa