Thursday, December 31, 2009

customary banter

So the new year is approaching and in less than 9 hours I will have survived through another decade. this year has definitely been one of the more dismal years of my 27 year existence. i didn't accomplish anything, i didn't find my career, and i didn't save a dime. i could absolutely scratch 2009 from my memory and have no desire to ever look back. this coming year will be a bit different. i am going to try to let my ocd kick in and allow myself to get back into shape. with that said here are a few rezzys that i will try and stick by for 2010.

1. I will refrain from using any bad word that starts with a 'c'
2. I will work out four times a week no matter what.
3. I will learn to make macaroons.
4. I will spend more time with my parents.
5. I will spend more time with my friends and visit them when they ask me to.
6. I will go to the U.K no matter what.
7. I will not accept any job that is less than what i deserve.


These things are rather trivial in the grand scheme of things, but then again I have never been one to make grandiose resolutions with no plan or follow through. I am thankful for the dear things that have happened to me this year as well as the fact that everyone I love and care about remained safe and sheltered this year regardless of what difficult times we live in. goodbye 2009.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Happy 2010 L.S. You will do just fine in 2010. I know u will stick to your rezzy's. You are so correct about #7 you should never except anything less than what you deserve, cause my dear with all your talent you deserve soooo much. Take care sweetie and have a great week.

love ya,
Melissa

PS: Is Davey still in Ivy's band? I haven't heard anything new from their myspace page. What has Davey ben up too, tell him I said hello.