Sunday, April 5, 2009

bust.

antique swapmeet today was a total bust. i did however find this really cute kitschy cat set of salt and pepper shakers, creamer, and sugar holder. I was hoping to find something more along the lines of this:





I would absolutely LOVE to get my hands on one of these without having the $400+ shipping charges that websites like anthropologie would slap on at the end...ay yay yay papi.

the antique swapmeet has really been ballies the past couple of months it's making me feel uninspired and lord knows i need it with the mundane life that is mine. everyday as follows:

wake up
shower
dress
lunch
starbucks
study
bed

or for the days i have work:

wake up
shower
dress
work
starbucks
lunch
work
study
bed

i need a vacation to barcelonnnaaa sung in the tone of the song by the same name in the beloved woody allen film.


i received a few emails, and myspace messages about my clothes that i was selling on ebay, i am sorry i have not posted them up as of yet however I have been busy doing the said above. in addition to the clothes, I also have tons and i mean TONS of damaged betsey johnson jewelry from when I worked there that has been gathering dust in a bag.

when i say damaged i don't mean unwearable it just means something has either fallen off or scratched off etc... for example I have tons of betsey johnson valentine jewelry because it was the cheapest quality i believe the label ever put out and things were falling off left and right. so one of the necklaces i have has a key and a heart that says something along the lines of 'be my valentine' or 'be mine' and it has a scratch on it...nothing big, i also have TONS of the motorcycle/blades of glory/yankee doodle phase betsey went through when she did the american eagle and the american flag shiz. One piece in particular that i know i will never wear is this american eagle cuff that is literally like 4 inches wide and it has a heart in its claw with the bj letters in the middle. i doubt anyone will want it though it's kind of motorcycle babe but perhaps someone may want it to be ironic. who knows.

ANYWAY, this stuff is wearable I just have to get it all organized, and get it out of my closet. i am too overwhelmed every morning when i get up to get dressed and need people to take this stuff off of me and give my closet some breathing room.

i need less accessories more furniture....i want a sweet treasure chest or some kind of cabinet with shelves to put my blythe doll in as well as a few other trinkets and boxes. if anyone knows of any cool antique furniture places to go to please tell me!

No comments: