Sunday, June 29, 2008

holy greek orthodox!


tonight i went to the most beautiful church i have ever been to. who knew it would be in irvine that i would be so emotional in the presence of god. i truly felt blessed and shocked at the same time that me, the girl that used to be so against the church would find solace inside the beautiful church walls of St. Paul. I couldn't help but stare at the 25 ft mosaic of mary as well as the stained glass dome that stood above with all of the saints. even if you are not a christian, or even a religious person, I honestly believe that anyone can find some beauty in what took place tonight. I kept nudging David the whole time telling him that this is where i want to get married, but alas, i would have to convert away from my roman catholicism to the Greek Orthodox church. Looks like I have some googling to do.

1 comment:

Polly Helen said...

yea when i visited rome in 2000 i got really emotional in st. peters... and i'm jewish and not even practicing... something about the smell of rosewater and the sounds of heels against marble...