Thursday, June 24, 2010

11 pounds outta here!

So I have lost 11 pounds in the past two months and I am happy to report that I am finally fitting in some dresses that I haven't been able to get into for the past year! It's easy to blame Davey and suggest that being in a relationship has allowed me the grace to slip from one dress size to the other but in all honesty I am a foodie. I was thinking about how out of hand I allowed my eating habits to get as well as how little I focused on exercise and gym time. Going to the gym 5 days a week seemed like something an insane person would do, now I feel insane if I don't go 5 times a week. Switching to a vegan diet is one of the best things that I did for myself as well as something that is not as difficult as one perceived. I would like to lose another 20 pounds and by then I should be back to the weight I was when I was 22. While I know that I am now 27 and my body is much different now, I feel much stronger now and have a lot more muscle. I have always had a larger bust and wide hips, my waist has always been small thanks to my mom's side of the family so I am realistic about the expectations I have on my body. I will never look like my skinny friends. I would love to be able to be that skinny for a few days but unfortunately I have curves and boobs and those things no matter what my weight is will just never go away.

I still have a lot of weight to lose, especially in my thighs and arms. I hope by my birthday I will achieve another 15 pounds lost.

1 comment:

Tattoos of memories said...

I just randomly read some blogs and this text caught my eye immediately:)) I have that same problem(like many others:))I got 22 pounds in 4 months when I started dating. I don´t know how to get myself back in fit and it really bothers me... But nice to know that it´s possible to lose those boyfriend pounds:))