Wednesday, October 15, 2008

antony

well well well last night was beyond my expectations. never in my life would i have pictured going to a concert and leaving with such a feeling of happiness juxtaposed with sadness and hope. Davey and I had excellent seats. So great that we were seated next to drew barrymore and about ten feat away from antony and the orchestra. antony played a lot of great material but my favorite moment of the night was when he transitioned into 'I Fell in Love With a Dead Boy' I was so blessed to see something so great last night and truly in such a beautiful theater. Going to the disney concert hall is quite comparable to going to an airport. I was filled with such excitement and questioning the unknown and everyone seemed to be so anxious for the evening ahead. I felt like I was floating through the concert hall, and the moment the show began everyone became so quiet and still it was truly magnificent.

watching shows like that always make me wonder about myself. They make me feel a certain way for quiet a while and I cling close to those feelings for as long as I can because I don't want to let them go. Antony was dressed in this white gown that had some sort of swirled detailing along the shoulders. It looked like icing on an extravagant wedding cake. He was wearing a pair of oxford flats that looked oddly similar to a pair I just picked up at forever 21 that according to davey resembled something estelle getty would wear. the more and more time progresses the more davey is taking note of my odd coincidences with gay men. regardless of my delusions of grandeur i feel very lucky to have experienced last night. plus check out my new toy that I picked up in the gift shop:



it's a magnet!

No comments: