Tuesday, February 19, 2008

time

today was my first day away from work in six days. i go back tomorrow and i can't say i am very thrilled about it. i feel like i am unable to focus on anything these days, work is consuming me and i am afraid that i am not living up to my full potential. it's almost like i am moving backwards and i am watching the "better" me pass me by.  i have no time to focus on my academics, and getting time off is almost as difficult as my classes.  i don't do well with school and work, and i know that a lot of people must suffer through it and do both.  i don't feel very respected at my job and i find myself speaking differently and acting differently as well so as not to be a nuisance.  i am fine with people not understanding or even enjoying my personality, but i am not fine with me compromising it.  i am losing time.  it's 2008, i am 25 and i still don't know what i want to do with my life.  what did i go to school for if not to be a success? time keeps slipping by and i keep getting more wrinkles.

No comments: