Monday, May 25, 2009

shab

you are the best friend i could ever ask for. i have been thinking about our friendship over the past hour and how much I am so lucky to have you as a friend. I know I am not the most emotional person and the idea of me conveying any kind of emotion toward another human being besides apathy is an idea that has become quite scary for a person like me. I can honestly say that I am so thankful to have you as a best friend. I have only had one other friend like you in my life and our friendship reminds me very much of one that meant so much to me. you are my sister, and I am so thankful that I was given a friendship in my life that I so clearly needed.

you probably won't read this because you will be too busy ebaying your little persian fingers to the bone searching for ysl tribute shoes, cleaning out your old model united nations awards/pamphlets/handouts, or listening to some softcell circa 1982 songs on your ipod while trying to figure out how to kick-start our idea of 'Retail!: The Musical'

Regardless if you read this or not I suppose this is my way of coping with all of the things you have done for me the past couple of weeks and the constant emotional support you provide on an everyday basis. You know I couldn't say this to your face because for me this would require too much emotion and feelings. I suppose it's a lot easier for me to know how to piss you off and get you to snap at me for mistaking arab women for persians, and for telling you that I really am not crazy about the latest chloe boots.

love you shabnam.

No comments: